Installing New/Old Cabinets Above the Washer and Dryer
Anyone remember this?
This was our kitchen when we bought our house. See those cabinets on the upper right corner of the picture? We took those out (along with some others) and they got moved to the basement. Now that we have finally started getting around to the basement we are reusing the cabinets! And, some of them went above the washer and dryer.
Yay! More storage in the laundry room!
The laundry room wall above the washer and dryer was empty. Our detergent was usually on the floor or sitting on top of the dryer. This room really was a mess!
I had to take the doors off of the cabinets because of the gas line running through the laundry room (see the black pipe? Yep, that is our gas line heading across the basement before it goes upstairs to the kitchen).
I decided they would look better painted white.
I now have my eyes open for some pretty green bins that will fit inside the open cabinets.
It is starting to come together!
Other Laundry Room Makeover Projects:
- Utility Sink Cover/Lid
- Utility Sink Skirt
- Installing New/Old Cabinets For Storage – (that is this post)
- Even MORE Countertop Space – Building a “cabinet between the washer and dryer
- Built in Corner Shelves – a basement “pantry”
- Built in Shelves for Laundry Baskets
- DIY wall folding drying rack
- Bringing it all together – artwork and details