We installed cabinets that we already had above the washer and dryer to create more storage and built the unit between the washer and dryer out of 2×4’s. We also added hooks underneath so that delicates such as bras can dry hanging from the hooks.
For links to more details and DIY directions on each project scroll to the end of the post.
We built a storage unit to fit underneath the previous laundry shoot hamper. The laundry shoot hamper collects all the laundry that is dropped through the laundry shoots on the 1st and 2nd floor. The space below was wasted space so we built a large cabinet to fit under it for even more storage. We then hid the storage by making skirts/curtain panels to hide the clutter.
We added lots of shelving at the entrance of the room in the corner between the door and the laundry shoot.
Next to the washer and dryer is our utility sink. We built a cover for it that folds up and down so that you can access the sink when needed and use it as a folding table when not needed.
On the wall to the right of the washer and dryer (next to the utility sink) we added a fold down drying rack for items such as sweaters.
We put in shelves for laundry baskets for sorted and folded laundry for family members.
We added artwork that was free and/or homemade.
Artwork found for free to download at: ThreeLittleMonkeysStudio.comLaundry Tips framed in the picture above can be found for free to download at: BHG.com
Links for details on the individual Laundry Room Makeover DIY Projects:
- Installing New/Old Cabinets For Storage
- Even MORE Countertop Space – Building a “cabinet” between the washer and dryer with 2×4’s
- Built in Corner Shelves – a basement “pantry”
- Built in Shelves for Laundry Baskets
- DIY wall folding drying rack
- DIY Fold-Away ironing board
- Utility Sink Cover Tutorial
- Bringing it all together – artwork and details (this post) – The Final Reveal!