A fold-away wall drying rack made from a baby/dog gate. Spray painted white and repurposed/upcycled as a drying rack!
It looked very similar to this type of gate.We had an old gate that we used when our dog was a puppy – we had purchased it for a specific spot in our Florida house and when we moved we no longer had a place for it.
When folded up it stays close to the wall.
And when folded down it is a wonderful place to lay sweaters to dry.
A Few More Views:
It sits between the utility sink (with its new cover and skirt) and some lime green shelves built to hold laundry baskets (detailed post coming soon).
Other Laundry Room Makeover Projects:
Links for details on the individual Laundry Room Makeover DIY Projects:
- Installing New/Old Cabinets For Storage
- Even MORE Countertop Space – Building a “cabinet” between the washer and dryer with 2×4’s
- Built in Corner Shelves – a basement “pantry”
- Built in Shelves for Laundry Baskets
- DIY wall folding drying rack
- DIY Fold-Away ironing board
- Utility Sink Cover Tutorial
- Bringing it all together – artwork and details – The Final Reveal!